Saturday, September 16, 2023

Heading North and First Gite

               

Good bye to Capberné. The 3 days of rest has been very good for me. I have worked on planning the rest of my trip along the Garonne Canal to Béziers and doing many requests for each day. I only have about 3 days with no hosts and today was one so last night I called a hotel but they wanted my credit card which I don't like to give over the phone. Then I tried a Gite and they will have me.

          It really looks like fall now because the dry weather has caused the leaves to turn brown and drop.
 
The road by Capberné was lined with boar hunters today. The dog with the bell came out to see me.

National Park of Landes Gasgogne


Don't throw garbage out of your vehicle!


      A quiet rest area



Church in small town
Rest stop

Squirrel but I have only seen one and he was black.

Into the region of the Garonne River
      

I don't know what these umbrellas were for.

Church in Bazas


The bicycle trail is way flatter than the road. The first part of the day was on flat road that wasn't busy. When it got busy I tried the trail but thought Silver might not like the stones so I did another section on road but was very sorry because it was hilly After that I stuck to the path.


The bike path


Ouch. I just missed these horse chestnuts. 

They would certainly make a flat tire.


I arrived at the Gite

Gate Closed

With Allan







The other lady, Janice is also English but lives in Spain. She was having trouble with Booking.com. The money had been taken off her account but the owners here had no verification. Much time was soent on the phone with Booking.com to no avail and she landed up paying the owner her and sorting out the other payment later.  What a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment