Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Willem Vermandere

In the afternoon when Griet went swimming , Pieter took me to a local church museum which is being used to exhibit the works of Willem Vermandere, a local painter, sculptor and musician.  
 
After the tour of the exhibit , we were priviledged to meet the 94 year old Willem .

Pieter and Willem
He played a tune on his base clarinet for me.
His paintings have a flowing style .
Some of his sculptures

Afterwards Pieter took me for refreshment at the local pub.
I met Yves who as a young man was a tobacco worker in Southern Ontario for a summer


Griet made a nice noodle meal for supper and had interesting conversation about our beliefs about life. Thank you Griet and Pieter for being my first Welcome to My Garden super hosts. May God bless you and your family.


No comments:

Post a Comment