Monday, August 21, 2023

Bourges to Tours and Campground

 

I finally met Veronique. She won the game. 

I woke early and had a shower. I had breakfast with Edward and Veronique who had come yesterday afternoon. We had had lunch together and played Rummy 500 all afternoon. I got Silver mostly packed. We had supper and spent the evening looking up train schedules for my possible return from either Lyon or Bordeaux without going through Paris.
In the morning after breakfast I said goodbye and followed Edward to the train station. I was a little worried because when we bought the ticket they said we had to get a special ticket on line for the bicycle. We had tried but came to the conclusion that the leg from Bourges to Tours did not fit in on their forms. After most of the early crowds left on their trains there were only a few people left and Silver was the only bicycle. I said goodbye to Edward and was welcomed by William and another young man who were  in charge of the bicycles. I took off all the bags and water bottles and they stored her carefully away. I found a seat and relaxed and worked on blog and Facebook when there was nothing to see.William approached me with a paper which I thought might be ticket but it was just a survey.
.


I arrived in Tours and William brought out all the bikes and bags. I asked if I had to take an elevator but he said just to walk straight out. I took a picture by the sign and was off.

I had made my navigation from the second last station that we stopped at but it was easy enough to find the original route. The streets were quiet because it was Sunday.

Looking back at the train station

Rhino in the middle of a square

Crossing the Loire

Grand Moulin along the path

Beautiful scene

History

The sunflowers are hanging with weight these days.

Selfie

This bicycle guy has everything!

A GREAT flat good route on the Loire Cycleway

I paased one campground in the open sun and prayed that it wasn't the one I needed. But then I came to the Camping La Confluence Only Camp in Savionnières and waited until 2 to talk to Emilie who I had phoned the day before. I paid by Visa but added 2 ice creams also. I set up and had a nice day in the shade. Their internet was good so I got a lot done. One problem was that I didn't have a whole lot of food but I managed.


During the afternoon and evening many more cyclists came in. This bicycle station is a good idea.

2 comments: