Tuesday, August 1, 2023

From Sanne in Brugges to Griet in Booitshoeke





Sanne was my host for Brugges. She is the producer of television shows in Brussels and drives a couple of days a week and also works from home. I arrived just as she was headed out with her sister to a birthday party. She quickly showed me everything although she had written notes already .
I spent the afternoon catching up on everything. When I went to go to the grocery store, it started to rain so I decided to eat my cheese sandwich instead. I was getting ready for bed when she returned and we talked for about an hour. She has travelled  through many countries down to Spain in her gravel bike.
In the morning she had to leave for work vut let me stay in the house until I was ready to leave. With her directions I went to the grocery store to buy a couple items. I left at about 10:30 in a drizzly rain that increased as the day went on.
I think Sanne would be beautiful on the dance floor.
Sanne's house. She lives in the bottom floor.
Living room

 This drum set was in my bedroom but I forgot to ask if she plays.
I was now headed to Booishoeke, a small area between Brugges and Dunkirk
Windmill
Butterflies
Selfie
More mailboxes


A Christmas tree farm

My hosts Griet and Pieter for the App, Welcome to My Garden
Since it was raining I didn't have to tent. It was a relief to hear that I could set up in the garage because all the rooms in the house are full.
Daughter Kathleen who is also a long distance tourer
Daughter Iles
Pieter's brother, Philip
I took about half an hour to unpack the wet things and set up  Griet made me a nice snack with croquettes and we chatted all afternoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment