Tuesday, August 15, 2023

The Boat Cruise

Today is my last day in Paris I have been blessed with GREAT  weather and am thankful to my host Thomas. This morning I was going on a boat tour that Thomas booked for me. It was a short walk and I was early 


Pont Neuf- the statue of Jacques de Molay


Eric our guide

 

New Bridge - Pont Neuf


Notre Dame Cathedral damaged by fire in April 2019


The Saint Michel bridge to the Latin Quarter


I had the front row tourist seat.


The Tournelle Bridge


The Statue of Sainte Geneviève


Full houseboat


Arabian World Institute


Restaurant with good view- La tour d'Argent


Hôtel Lambert


The Mary Bridge


City Hall - Hôtel de la Ville


Hotel Dieu- first hospital


Greffe du Tribunal de Commerce and the Tour de l'horloge de le Palais de la Cité


La Conciergerie


Pont Neuf


The Mascarons of Pont Neuf to frighten the evil spirits


Musée de l'Louvre


Institute of France- the headquarters of five French intellectual academies


Still the Louvre


Le Louvre and Pont du Carrousel


Still the Louvre


Musée d'Orsay...former Paris Orléans Railway Station


Musée d'Orsay


Paris- Orleans clock


Musée Nationale de la Légion d'Honneur


Houseboats


Eiffel Tower in distance


Alexander 3rd Bridge


Nymphs of the Neva relief- memorials to the Franco- Russia

Pont des Invalides



The steeple of the American Church

Pont de l' Alma

Pont de l'Alma

Me and the Eiffel Tower

The Eiffel Tower in all it's glory

Into the sun

Selfie under the arch

The New Brunswick

The Alma Bridge - Zouave
It is a statue of infantry man linked to French North Africa
Flood of 1910 was up to his neck and 2016 was up to his waist.

The Grand Palace- glass dome weighs as  much as the Eiffel Tower.


A column on the Alexander 3rd Bridge

Obelisk of Luxor in the Place de la Concorde


Legion of Honour Palace

The French Institute

GREAT JOB ERIC!

I met this man at the boat when I came real early and he came shorly after and then again about an hour later when we bumped into  each other as he left a park. 
I went back to the apartment and Thomas made me a lunch and then carried  Silver downstairs. I loaded her and we walked down to the main street together and said goodbye.
Thomas, I can never thank you enough for the three beautiful days that I had in Paris. May God bless you.
I cycled the 15 km south to Anthony  to meet Manon from Amiens at 3 o'clock to stay at her mother's house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment