Friday, August 25, 2023

Les Babins or Gabrielle or both

I  left Angers about 10:30  just as it was starting to rain. The rain followed me for the whole morning.
 
Another big church. They do make beautiful photos.

The river and the land need the rain.

Strange structure.

Along the way



River quicksand showing. BEWARE!
Getting the cows to look again.

It started pouring rain and I joined this family under a bypass for trains. The cars going by were not nice as they didn't slow down and sent splashes our way. I started waving my hands as they approached to indicate to slow down.
              

     A wet lineup of bicycles             

When the rain subsided a little I left and stopped briefly at a café where there were many bicycles parked, to put on my helmet cover . Some people had stopped and gone in the church across the street. I had many kilometers to do today so I kept going.
But the rain was too heavy so I stopped at another outside café and put Silver next to a t able to stay dry and I ordered tea and a small salad. Luckily the server did not ask me to move my bike.  This man came and taljed to me for a while before he left. I asked about his cell phone which had a very thin waterproof cover whereas I have to use a plastic bag.


        A huge rooster      
A runner
Les Babins sign- I couldn't find the entrance right away and had to stop and ask someone in a trailer with a barky dog.

Guitar camp


Ann Mary and her son who run the camp. The rain had stopped and I could have camped but I had also received a Warmshower positive answer during the day.


I gave them 2 euro for the 7 euro site and headed 16 km more to Couffe area

I met Gabrielle after climbing  a big gravel hill to her street and after being guided by two neighbours to her house.

No comments:

Post a Comment