Monday, August 28, 2023

Gilles in Saint Brévin


Gilles is a very active retired physical education teacher who is always on the go. 

His dog Houla often accompanies him. When I came  I thought the dog was old and only slept but he actually gets so much exercise that when he is home he rests.

 

The backyard has an inflatable paddleboard, a kayak and lots of bikes and chariots.
    

    
My place for the night which I chose over setting up the tent was a separate little building and adjoining bathroom and even a fridge.
    
I cooked my own supper of noodles, tomatoes , ham  and cheese.
            

      Arnaud has magazine pictures of his bicycle tour with his son and daughter and 2 chariots. 
     

     In the evening his daughter,  Marine came over with 14 year old Swan and 9 year old Clēa. Mother and son are going to London soon and wanted to practise English although the children were shy to try.


            Gilles helped me plan 50 km segments for the next part of my trip.


           Sassy

Thank you for helping me Gilles. May God bless you.

He and Houla bicycled 5 km with me following the next morning.


Sometimes Houla runs beside, sometimes loose and sometimes she is ordered into the chariot.

No comments:

Post a Comment