Saturday, August 19, 2023

Bourges and Edward

 

Silver hanging in the train from Orléans to Bourges

Selfie during the one hour ride which would have been 3 days hilly bicycling.

Valentin and Sophie that helped me on the train.


My train



Edward,  the friend of my friend , Ken , in Sault Ste. Marie came walking toward me after I disembarked with all my bags . He had on his CANADA shirt and QUEBEC cap so that I couldn't mistake who he was. We have been friends through Facebook for several months and he has been following my journey all along. I sort of breathed a sigh of relief and felt partly that I was home for what I hoped was a few days.

He has a very good Dutch Gazelle bicycle.

 On the way through the parking lot we had about a half our visit with this family from the Netherlands or Pays Bas as it is called here.


Old and new together

The old part

We wondered what was in the thin part of this building.

The Rose of Ravensbrück

Statue commemorating those taken to concentration camp Ravensbrück


A beautiful garden area


Finally we arrived at Edward's little quiet haven on Rue du Château d'Eau- the water tower street


No comments:

Post a Comment