Saturday, August 26, 2023

To Helène and Arnaud in Nantes

 

I left   Gabrielle's house after a breakfast together with her. She said it is harder to think English in the morning.  I bicycled to Couffe and down to the Loire. I had decided to cycle on this side because the other side was going to have some stairs and a moveable bridge. I could have used my mountain bike for this long narrow part beside the train tracks.

This guy had kayaked from Saumur to here for 6 days.

Le pont bleu


A very strange structure on the other side of the tracks


       A sailboat camper in a campground


I stopped to have lunch just outside Nantes and guess  who I saw coming toward me. I called out her name. Danielle it is you!
 She stopped with her husband Jean and we talked again and took photos again. It was SO nice.

Two of a kind!


There were a lot of houseboats on both sides of this canal.



A modern bridge over the Loire at Nantes

I passed by the centrum but decided not to stop. In retrospect I should have stopped and explored for a while. I had the time but maybe not the energy.

The cathedral of Nantes in the background

I came to the address of my hosts Arnaud and Helène. Arnaud came down and helped me bring Silver into the garage. He introduced me to Helène
and showed me my room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment