Saturday, August 12, 2023

The Alexander the third Bridge

 It was getting later in the afternoon. I crossed the Alexander 3rd bridge and came to 2 other beautiful buildings.

The grand palace was closed but I was able to enter the other with no entrance fee but only a security check.

 

The bridge in the background


The big palace is closed
"We shall never surrender"

Memorial to Winston Churchill

The Grand Palace


The Petit Palace

It is a museum

Sculptures




Cain carrying Abel after he killed him.



Many tourists



On the way to school

Antique furniture

Wall hangings

Chandelier

Paintings- Jesus on the cross

The road to Calvary

The Ascension to heaven

The trial
The Good Samaritan

By a sculpture

Antique furniture

Pther old pieces in the basement
Sculpture outside by the entrance


Now I thought it was time to walk back to the apartment so I went to Komoot App and put in that I wanted to go from current location to 26 Rue de Rosiers. Then I didn't look at the map but blindly followed my voice command. I walked and walked and eventually thought it was very far and didn't recognize anything and was feeling that I was in a poorer error. I sat down and checked everything and then I realized that I was in the 18th arrondisement instead of the 4th. What a mistake. There are more than one 26 rue de Rosiers. I should have entered the area code number as well. I tried not to panic. I realized it was too far to walk because it would be dark soon. I turned and walked to a busier section and talked to a bus driver telling him I was lost because of a navigation mistake. He did not speak English but got the idea. I told him I was looking for a taxi. He told me to get in and didn't ask for money. He drove for a long time and finally there were 3 taxis in a row. I got off but there were no drivers in any. He was watching me and waved me back in. A little farther we finally found one with a driver  and he explained the whole situation in French. I said Merci Tres Beaucoup many times. He was surely my angel for the day. May God bless him. A long slow taxi ride through the evening traffic and 26 Euro later I was safe in the apartment. I felt very foolish about my mistake but since Thomas was staying at his girl friend's mother's house tonight I did not have to explain. I heated some rice, tuna and carrot and ate and worked on blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment