Thursday, August 17, 2023

Jean Marie in Orléans

          


Today I was going on a tour of Orléans with my host, 81 year old Jean Marie. What an athletic man and a gentleman also. O had to stay on his left side where his hearing aid was as he is deaf in the other. He had a hard time understanding my French so most of our conversations were done by Google translate. From his apartment we headed down for my first look at the Loire River.


One of his hobbies is origami from kits. The other thing he does is fix clocks. He goes for a week at a time to a place in France to work on big clocks. I wish he could come and look at my grandfather clock .

In the O for Orléans

Sign for the Loire cyclepath

One of the first and many tourers that passed by. Now I know where they all are!

A little playground

Playing chess

Art

A symbol from the old Roman road

A joint project between the Loire and the St. Lawrence Seaway in Canada . I am pointing out Sault Ste. Marie

These boats don't go too far these days as the water is low.



The Cathedral of Saint Croix










Joan of Arc is the patron saint of France for her role in defending the city of Orléans.



We stopped during our 7km walk for refreshment.


Orléans is famous for the trade of vinegar. 



City Hall

We walked around each room.







Council chambers with names of all former mayors

LOIRE

Paddlewheel boat for display

We continued walking toward the train station to buy my ticket to go to Bourges tomorrow. I decided to take the train because it is too hilly.
I think the oldest house. Then we took the tram back.
Back to the apartment

Famous Orléans vinegar

A delicious supper

Guinea fowl


Thank you so much Jean Marie for   a look at yourself and your city. May God bless you.


No comments:

Post a Comment