Friday, August 25, 2023

Elisabeth in Saumur


 I came to the address of my Couchsurfing host in Saumur.


Elisabeth welcomed me and helped me unload Silver. After initial introductions, she showed me my room and I had a shower to freshen up from the heat of the day. We spent the afternoon over a cold glass of juice talking about our lives. She has had a difficult time the last 5 years with 12 surgeries for an orange sized tumour in the back of her head as well as breast cancer.

In the evening her husband, Stephane came home and we talked about all their travels to different parts of the world through the efforts of their only son, Adrien. We watched 2 of their photo slideshows also.

Their son, Adrien has a consulting job that takes him all over the world. He also gets lots of vacation and does Couchsurfing with his parents.

The living room where we escaped from the heat.

Elisabeth made a delicious supper of the region from mushrooms and bacon.


In the late evening we were able to finally sit in their beautiful back garden.

Thank you so very much for hosting me Elisabeth and Stephane. I pray that your health continues to improve so that you can enjoy ypur travels again. May God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment