Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Parc de la Chesnaie- camping today

 I had no place planned for today. Last night Arnaud and Marie called this campground for me and it was arranged for a camping spot.

On the way the path was very nice going through fields from town to town.

Out in nowhere while I was bicycling along , I met Joe and we had a GREAT long talk together. He is a Jew and I am a Christian and we were amicably able to share each other's views. I told him God arranges all my meetings with people so it was not just happenstance. He said I encouraged him to try a bicycle tour.


I took this photo while I was pushing Silver up a big hill.
I like it when it is this flat but with no wind. Today I had to do about 48 km and I enjoyed it.
A crop that I do not know

Sunflowers

I arrived at Parc de la Chesnaie at about 2:30. The receptionist talked about the long walk in Spain and then filled in that I was doing it so I could get a rate reduction. I paid 10.50 Euro.
 My first time setting up the tent

Peek a boo

This pool looked just too inviting.
It felt good!

Happy and cool
Strange sign
I cooked my own meal by the pool and spent time by the bar where I could get internet. Later when I walked around the reception was better farther up the path so I stayed there sitting on a cement wall for an hour. It did stay noisy until 11 but then I slept.

No comments:

Post a Comment