Friday, August 4, 2023

Arnaud and Mathilde in Dunkirk to Adrien and Vanille in Saint Omér

I said goodbye to  everyone and Matthew helped me bring Silver outside. Marie will  continue to Belgium today. She is worried about the bad weather. Matthew is taking the ferry to England from  Dunkirk.

Marie
Matthew
Mathilde is leaving to get her hair done.
Thank you Arnaud and Mathilde for an interesting visit.



Old stone work
Beside the crops and the canal
A sailor
This grain has been cut.
A lot of the old places are fortified.

I arrived in Saint Omér and Adrien let me in to through the apartment to a separate little apartment that they are having fixed up. I settled in but poor Silver had to stay outside and got soaked because it rained all night. I went for a  walk to the grocery store and couldn't figure out how to get the baked goods that were behind the glass.  I tried lifting and pulling and sliding the spoon between  the small slot to no avail. I asked 2 gentlemen but they couldn't figure it out either. Finally a couple came along and I asked the woman..  She showed me that you put the goodie on the spoon  and push it sideways out the sides. Did I ever feel dumb!

Nice pillow because Adrien and Vanille use a tandem on their trips. 
Nice decor on the walls Big kitchen

Vanille offered me soup and Adrien made a delicious vegetable dish.

Thank you Vanille and Adrien for your hospitality. May God bless you.



No comments:

Post a Comment