Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Isabelle

 I stayed for one night with Manon in Antony at the home of her parents. They were away on a walking tour. It was a nice easy ride through the suburbs of Paris. I made it there just before our agreed time of 3 o'clock. She had taken the train from Amiens to here to spend the evening with het bicycle mechanic friends. So I had a nice , long quiet evening after we walked to the store together to do lots of work.

We said goodbye the next morning and I gave her back her map book and metro  card of Paris. Thank you again Manon for all your help. May God bless you.

Today was also a 15 km distance to Isabelle in the Geneviève des bois area.


Isabelle is a retired Mathematics teacher who has lived in Tunisia and can speak Arabic. I could hear through the window with flowers her singing and talking when I arrived. 
She has a lovely apartment in a private area.

  She invited me to have a hot lunch with her as we got acquainted.

After lunch we drove a fair wsys to Évry for her medical X-ray appointment.

While she had the X-ray done I walked around this nearby pagoda.

Then I crossed over the busy road to a nice quiet park until it started to sprinkle rain. I headed back to the car and did some blog work.
The rain held off and Isabelle took me on a tour of the "nouvelle" city of Évry which used to be all bush. 
The Cathedral of the Resurrection is the most modern church I have seen in Europe. We entered and watched a big wedding ceremony  for a whike

The cross

There is also a university here. This is student housing.


We stopped at a little café to have a refreshing drink.

For supper we had two galettes- one with cheese and ham and another with an egg and vegetables added. She let me make one of mine. I videoed her several times. For dessert she made sugar crépes. It was delicious!



In the evening since she found out that I like games, we played Quirkle. It is a good game. I will have to look to buy it. 
Then we played Awalé which I have seen before but not tried. I enjoyed the games.


In the morning we had breakfast and Isabelle showed me her art work. She is talented.



She was leaving today to go on a camping holiday with her daughter and 2 grandchildren. Isabelle , I appreciate you hosting me the evening before  your departure. Thank you for everything . May God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment