Sunday, August 27, 2023

Nantes to Saint Brévin

 

I said goodbye to Arnaud and Helène and took a few photos as I left the city. Many mythical sea creatures on this .


Basilique Saint- Nicolas de Nantes

Arnaud suggested I see this gigantic moving elephant.



Fishing stands in low tide

I saw the sign but nothing else.



The pony hid between the parents.

I met Daniel, Marion and little Mattieu at the ferry which we just missed. It is Mattieu's first bicycle trip.
       
Marion took my photo 
      
The Loire here is wide and cleaner and deeper.

The cars unloading from the ferry. Ten minutes later it decided to rain and I took cover under a garage awning until it subsided. I landed up passing everyone who had beaten me off the ferry.

More horses


My new sign for bicycle route

I have chosen to go to Saint Brévin instead of Saint Nazaire to avoid a long ferry crossing.

The bridge between Saint Brévin and Saint Nazaire
      

          Cannons pointing toward the water


              For my Caroline


            I met Philippe from Portugal several times today. Finally we stopped and talked.



The Atlantic Ocean


Big sandy beach and tide going out


No comments:

Post a Comment