Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Pascal and Catherine

 


            

           I had a very long ride today from Le Gallet to the Chambly area. However the wind was on my back and side most of the time. I was on a major highway that was quite busy although it was Sunday. There was one very long uphill that took me over half an hour to walk up. I thought that I was walking up to heaven!


    My  first PARIS sign


        I just had to stop and look back and take this photo of the lineup of people  on a Sunday  morning waiting to buy bread.

Approaching the village where my host's live. It looks like mostly newer houses on the outskirts.

       


      I don't know the corrent translation but to my mind it says- a village in great debt.


      When I arrived Pascal and Catherine were not home. I took the time to clean and lubricate Silver and check her tire pressure. I checked with the neighbour to make sure that I had the correct address. Then I looked up where the closet store was and bought some food gifts of strawberries, chocolate bar and nougat and pastry. I went to a little Square and sat on a bench and did a Facebook and new route for tomorrow and tried to What's App Caroline. 

Pascal and Catherine were out for a bicycle ride and I received a text from them later which made me feel better.


     Catherine who is 60 and works at the townhall,using her pressure cooker to make the stew


      Pascal who is 63 and retired from being a technician for a big military  company helping, helping in the kitchen


     A delicious stew


    Strawberries and whipping cream


    We enjoyed a long delicious evening meal together.

Catherine checking out my blog. She has it set translated into French. I will have to try to read it that way to improve my French.

No comments:

Post a Comment