Saturday, August 12, 2023

The Tomb of Napoleon

 This is in the area called Les Invalides.

Approaching  the building


Photo by passerby just before going through security

Statue

Inner court

I kind of just walked in where they told me to
Mrs. Cupido and her husband from the Yukon were the couple to whom I inquired as to the location of the tomb of Napoleon. They said that they were just there and a ticket was required. They wondered how I got to where I was and I told them I simply walked in. They insisted that they  give me their ticket but that they needed it in the gift shop first. If I waited I could have it. I said sure and that I would wait by the cannon. Almost immediately she came running back with the ticket because it was not neede there. I thanked her and wished them a great vacation.


First tomb was a relative of Napoleon

Statues

Beautiful ceiling. At this time I got a video call from my daughter Sarah in Calgary Alberta and I showed her where I was.
Another tomb

Jesus on the cross

Symbol on the floor


Tomb of Napoleon
Another view


Selfie

Back view




A history of 10 periods

Sculptures depicting some of the stories

Napoleon-I have a desire for my body to be along the river Seine in the middle of the French people that I have always loved.



Other tombs




I moved on and walked back to the river Seine to see other sites.
The Alecander 3rd bridge was in the distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment