Friday, August 11, 2023

Going to the top of the Eiffel Tower

 Finally I made it to the Eiffel Tower. First there was a lineup to just get into the park. You had to go through a security check. I had to go into the line with no internet tickets but it went pretty fast and I chatted with a family from England. They had done Disney  land first.

I stopped to read a sign and talked with these Dutch people.


Looking up the middle of the tower

I went to the first line that I saw. Apparently it was for the elevator but that was fine because I am supposed to be resting a little. Above the ticket booth it said the waiting time was an hour and a half and the top of the tower was closed. I met Bewar who was next to me. He is originally from Syria. A refugee who had the choice of going to Germany or Canada. His parents and family chose Germany but he chose Vancouver Canada because he already knew some English. He is an accountant and working on becoming a chartered accountant. For 2 hours we chatted as we waited. I also had a Dutch family behind me that I started talking to near the end.



The tower has been painted 20 times. Originally it was red and the people of Paris did not like it and wanted it torn down. But when they put a radio and TV station at the top they kept it.



Finally we were near the ticket area. I felt sorry for people with children. Just before we paid God intervened and there  was an annoucement that the top was now open. It had been worth the wait.
A photo as we went up. I videoed as we went from second level to the top.


From inside at the top

I took a video of 360 degree view.

Bewar and I were still together and took each other's photos



Then we could go up to the outside. I took photos and videos. I tried calling my children with no luck but did get hold of my cousin, Dick and told him where I was.

I also used the washroom and then git separated from Bewar. Thanks for the company Bewar. God bless you



Many people were buying a alcoholic drink to toast each other with.



Thomas Edison visit


View to north

View to South

View to East
View to West

No comments:

Post a Comment