Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Claude's invitation on way to Orléans

     The next morning I woke up at about 7 and my tent did not have dew which was a blessing. Only the ground sheet was damp. I don't need a heavier bike. I started off at 9 without breakfast.

        

As the morning went on all the villages wre quiet with no stores. Finally I saw an open Patisserie and bought 2 pastries.

When I came out this man started to talk to me in French and we tried to make conversation together. I got the idea he wanted me to come to his house which was down the road. He made a phone call also to his wife. I debated in my mind a little but accepted and we went about half a kilometer and then into a neighnourhood to a cute little house.


Claude and Odile retired in St. Lye La Fôret He rides a Peugot.

They invited me in and gave me a delicious tomato from the garden to eat with my pastry. They knew very little English so I had to use my limited French.

Thank you for being someone who is kind and open enough to invite a stranger to your home.
I continued on over the flat farmlands starting to get a little wind in my face.
Crops are being harvested now with this good weather.
Ibarruved in Orleans and Komoot Navigation took me to my address. I called Jean Marie and he came to greet me.

For an 81 year old man , I was impressed how athletic and gentlemanly he was.

No comments:

Post a Comment