Friday, August 25, 2023

Bicycling to Lucie in Angers

 

   

I said goodbye to Elisabeth and headed off out of Saumur into the countryside.

I remembered Elisabeth telling me that the most famous French equestrian place is in Saumur.


I was riding by at the back of it. She says they have over 400 horses.



Rock slide


Small town churches must have kept the people very poor because every village has a big one.





This is more like  the size that they should have been.






The building next to the small church where the men and in 1970 the women also could come and play boole.
 
Colourful marigolds

Labourers bunching onions

Cabbage or turnip or radish ??? covered up
I don't know this one. Do you?

Or this one???

Serene scene
 

Lots of breaks down by the river.

When I came to Angers looked up a grocery store first.  Lo and behold in the store I met the mother and daughter from Toulouse who had camped beside me. We took photos outside. This was our third meeting.


I said goodbye and headed back to Lucie's street.

No comments:

Post a Comment