Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Campground to Avoinne

      

Leaving the campground at about 11 because today is a shorter bicycle day. 


It is so beautiful but the yellow flowers are called Jussie or floating primrose and are very invasive. 

 

Two rivers coming together

Selfie


Such a GREAT flat ride

Jussie has overtaken this area.

I met this guy and called out the racing name on his shirt.

This is for my Sarah but it turns out that they don't have any delicacies but only alcohol

Lots of cyclers today


A château in the distance

Other view

Finally I reached Avoine when it was about 35 degrees. My hosts would not be home until 5:30 so I had a few hours to kill.

I went to the town centrum where many bicyclers were buying drinks, resting and filling water bottles. 

Inside for a quick peak

I started talking to Catherine who was able to speak some English. She is a ski instructor in Switzerland. I have her card and can have a lesson if I go there.
On the back of her bike she is carrying a collapsed long Swiss horn.
Finally at 5:15 I left for Marion and Mattieu's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment