Monday, July 29, 2019

Warmshowers host and hostess Eckhard and Hanne

I arrived at about 4pm. hot and tired and shaking . I think it was from drinking too many energy drinks. ECKHARD and HANNE greeted me warmly. I told of the detour 15 km. That added to my day. He showed me a beautiful bedroom and bathroom that would be all mine. The house was so cool, I thought they had air conditioning. It was just the wonderful draft from the wind. It had been  extra windy all day. I unpacked, showered and took a little rest. Eckhard and Hanne are also bicycle tourers and had just finished a trip this week. Eckhard is in the field of social work and Hanne is a retired nurse. Eckhard will retire this year. He has traveled everywhere for his work. They were expecting another couple for the night. Over a delicious supper of salad , barbecued salmon and couscous salad we made conversation with Jerome (France) and Jasmine (Switzerland). They met in Scotland and are headed to Sweden to find jobs for the winter. They are tenting in Eckhard's yard. Dessert was strawberries and ice cream. What a good time was had by all! At about 10, I retired to bed and slept great. In the morning, we again visited over a delicious breakfast. I packed Silver and just as I was going to take off, Hanne noticed my back tire was flat. Oh no! We pumped it up and could hear no hissing so I left with the understanding that if it went flat within 10 km Eckhard would come and help.




















No comments:

Post a Comment