Monday, July 15, 2019

A morning walk with Betty, afternoon visit to Abe and Wil and supper with Carola

Woke at about 9 and had breakfast and planned to go for a walk together. The weather is still cool, not the heat wave I was expecting. We left at 11 and walked 7.5 km along water with ducks and flowers and bicycles going by, horses, children's farm , cows and all not far from the apartment. We had a quick lunch and Betty bicycled off to play cards and I  took some bags out to lighten Silver and headed off to Abe and Wil who I met 5 years ago. They are only 7 km. away and Komoot got me there with no problem. They are both looking good and have had many adventures since my last visit. They have cycle toured in Bolivia and Argentina and have just returned from canoeing the Elbe River. Abe tried to work on my Garmin with no luck while I had tea with Wil . Later I saw Abe's new touring bicycle with internal hub and belt -very nice. Wil has a very sturdy Trek. They showed me the tarp covers that they use to ship their bikes on airplanes instead of using a box. After goodbyes, I cycled back to Gouda from Stolwijk and unloaded and changed some things just before Betty arrived. Carola came by train and helped her mom with supper of beef, boiled potatoes and green beans. We caught up on both families. Dessert was yogurt and later they had coffee to my tea with a stroop waffle. I walked Carola back to the train and noticed the funny way they hang garbage here. A short visit to Els who I met earlier in the day in the lobby and is a tourist guide. She had offered us a free tour in the afternoon but alas both of us had plans already. I gave her my cards and took a photo. The rest of the night was for Facebook and blogging. Tomorrow I head to a Warmshower stay in Amersfoort.
this bird was hurt

 New Canadian scarf




 Lots of room

 Abe and Wil



 With Carola

 With Els
 Garbage pickup pole

No comments:

Post a Comment