Saturday, July 13, 2019

July 13th Plans change- working in the garden

Today I woke up again at 10 after being awake again during the night. I stayed an extra day because  Dick wanted me to meet some people but they cancelled out. Tante Betty is expecting me tomorrow so another day with Dick and Carla and Abou will be very nice. After a short rain and great Dutch breakfast, we started working outside taking down wedding flowers.  I worked on the archway. At lunchtime we made a plan to go bicycling to the dunes or close to the airport to watch big planes take off. Abou wanted the Schiphol outing. It was to be at 2 o'clock. I continued working taking down glass test tubes from the tunnel of love. They were all tied on with wires that I had to untwist. However Abou got a headache and fever and went to bed so our outing didn't happen. It also stayed overcast all afternoon. Later I helped Carla move crates of flowers to different parts of the garden. It does look very beautiful. We had a late supper made by Dick- corn coated chicken breast, green beans and corn, mashed potatoes and gravy and yogurt for dessert. We talked and used Google Earth to show where we lived.















Then we all watched the movie, Intouchables, together. The main character is from Senegal like Abou. I gave him gifts from Canada .

No comments:

Post a Comment