Wednesday, July 24, 2019

July 23rd, 12th day of trip, 61.3 km in 3hrs 10 min to Janina in Hohe Moor



















It was to be a hot day today. Iris and Hannes both were gone so I made a sandwich and cup of tea and took my time leaving. I parked Silver against their land rover vehicle with the intention of taking  a photo and then forgot so I took one last photo from the street. I saw a mailman all in yellow as opposed to the orange of the Dutch. It was farmland again but I did see some unusual  decorations. My favorite rest stops are bus shelters because they provide shade. I had a ferry crossing today and met Heino and Hannelore. We chatted while we waited and then she offered to pay since she had a card. While the ferry crossed we took photos and I gave my cards. Soon I bicycled through Bremen. I finally found a Dutch mailbox to add to my collection. I stopped at a gas station and fueled up with a Powerade and a drumstick. Finally some back country roads . At one spot the chickens were in my way. Then Komoot said I had reached my destination but I did not see a house, just bush. I walked on a little farther and saw a little path and there under much greenery was a house. I pushed Silver toward a bench and almost fell from my cleats sliding on the damp stones. I knocked and met Janina.

No comments:

Post a Comment