Sunday, July 14, 2019

Day 1 cycle- Hoofddorp to Gouda-45.4km

I hardly slept again last night and this time also woke up at 6 am. I did a facebook and blog entry. Then after packing the bicycle we all had breakfast together. Abou had his Canada handkerchief tied around his head.  When I was all ready my program on the phone wasn't showing so I had to turn on data to fix it. I followed Komoot voice navigation all the way and it was perfect . The only problem for a little bit was a road blocked. It was a pretty ride with lots of small canals, beautiful flowers, swans and ducks and very little traffic because it is Sunday. There were lots of bicycles especially racing style bicycles with guys working out. I saw one bicycle that looked like a racing car but a man said it was a velo bicycle. I stopped for three bridges that lifted up ,two from a hinge and one straight up and down like an elevator. In Gouda, I called Tante Betty and when I cycled down the apartment building driveway, she was waving from the balcony. We got Silver partly unloaded and locked in her storage locker and went up and visited while I ate my apple and a cheese sandwich she made. I hadn't  brought up my bag with cords and chargers and got worried that I might have left them at Carla's, but thankfully found them. We spent a long, fun time trying to get Whats App to work and finally with Carola's help we got it. Supper was delicious-hamburg patty, carrots and peas and boiled potatoes with gravy. Dessert was yogurt. The evening was spent looking at a special photo book of Ome Jan and learning things on our phones.













No comments:

Post a Comment