Friday, July 19, 2019

Day 6 July 17 Amersfoort to Apeldoorn














 Annelies





Thank you to Simone and Huub for a good night stay. We all said goodbye .Simone helped get me started in the right direction. In Voorhuizen I needed a washroom , and stopped at a quiet restaurant and met Lisanne and her husband who watched Silver while I was inside. They invited me for tea. Her husband said goodbye and Lisanne and I had a nice visit. They will move here from Amersfoort next year with their two children because it is more quiet and close to camping and nature. She did the Alp d Huzes in France where you go up and down a mountain many times on your bicycle to raise money for cancer. She does training programs for athletes I gave her my cards. After we parted, I wheeled right into a bakery store to buy 2 raisin buns for my snack. I stopped to eat them at a bench near Milligenstraat where many people on bikes and in cars were going into the Veluwe, nature preserve. I talked to a couple there. At about 1 o'clock, I stopped for lunch at a little restaurant near a railway crossing, Eithuis Halte Assel, had a big hamburg and made friends with Hans and Roely from Flevoland.  I gave them cards and was off with a full stomach. The next while took me through the forest of the Veluwe but the heather was still brown, not purple yet. I arrived at Annelies' apartment at 3 pm but she is a taxi driver and was off on a run. I met Eddy from her building and could use his washroom if it was needed. I walked around by the stores and then sat in the little park and worked on the blog. At 4:30 , she arrived . After we hugged hello, we put Silver in the storage room and she showed me her nice apartment which she owns.( condo). She made me a nice supper of rice and stir fry veggies and chicken and later we walked around the neighborhood. In one area we heard barking and it is a club that trains dogs for police or drug type work. We talked to Herma the dog trainer for Dakota. Soon after we found a sand and water playground for children . After we returned home we had a drink and went to bed. I am sleeping on my air mattress in the dining room.

1 comment:

  1. It whas very nice to meet you en to talk and drink tea. You are an amazing woman and i wish you a Nice trip. Tot ziens Lisanne

    ReplyDelete