Monday, July 29, 2019

Bicycling to Flensburg- Day 17 ,July 26th,-68.4 km

After I left Eckhard's place, I had to take an elevator and go through a tunnel and then go down in another elevator. It all worked good and the air was staying in my tire. A little later in the city, the navigation program did not match the roads at that spot. I stopped to look around and a lady behind me said. Are you Mary Ann from Canada? I was surprised. Apparently she was Desiree who I had also requested a place for the night. To my knowledge, I had written her back to say I had accepted Eckhard's invitation because it came first. Apparently, she had not received my mail and had been waiting for me. I apologized profusely and felt bad. I always answer all the mail. She showed me where to go. I gave her my cards and took a photo and was then on my way. It was a hilly, windy ,hot day again. When I arrived in Flensburg, Komoot brought me right to a big apartment building where my Couchsurfing guest lives. The tire had worked all day. The names on the  mail boxes did not match his  so I rang every one and a few people came out and then he did. J wishes to remain  anonymous. He does not do Facebook or Instagram so I respect his wishes. He is a big, very tall, handsome young man who is a social worker. He does Ironman's and has  a bike and swim race next week. We tied Silver up in the back yard and I covered her. We took the steps to the 5th floor and I changed and he gave me several options for trips.











No comments:

Post a Comment