Monday, July 29, 2019

Kamping Krautsand to Rendsburg - detour to make 91 km

Day 16, July25th. Very Hot. I woke up early and took my tent down . I said goodbye to Jan. It was his last day. Off he went on his motorcycle. I did some blog work and talked to Ans and Trijne while they made their breakfast. They said a certain bridge had
been closed and they would cross here. I went a little ways and then returned to talk to them about if where I was going would be open. They said yes and they would go that way later. Off I went stopping to scoot away the sheep in my path. When I got to the bridge, it was up and I thought I read on the sign that it would open at 10. It was now 9 so I moved into the shade. A German couple came and they said that was only for Sat. and Sun. They suggested a detour. Others also followed. After a 15 km detour, we were back and guess what-the bridge was down. We could have gotten across after all. But I thanked them, and took their name because they had gone a km out of their way to see me to the ferry. The ferry ride took about half an hour. Then finally I was on the right way.  I stopped for snacks at bus stops and bought drinks at gas stations or grocery stores. At one store I met Melvin , a very TALL German bicycling from east to west Germany to reach a life guarding job. He didn't have panniers but had a backpack on his back. I was very hot and tired and shaky when I arrived at Rendsburg and Eckhard and Hanne's place.

















No comments:

Post a Comment