Thursday, July 25, 2019

A visit with Janina-my first Couchsurfing hostess

Janina is a hard working well-traveled young lady in her 30's who takes care of this house for a friend. She has bicycled and hitch hiked everywhere -India, Myanmar, Kyrgyztand but especially likes Siberia. She is an artist but also works now at a pumpkin farm to make ends meet. She greeted me warmly and we chatted over a cup of tea and talked about our travels. We did a tour of the yard. There are bamboo bushes, tomatoes, a pumpkin plant ,flowers, and in one section she is growing hemp. We had a nice salad meal from the garden. In the evening she had to work for a couple hours so I worked on blog and finding places to stay. In the evening when she returned, she heard some rustling sounds and found a hedgehog in the plants. She also has a cat called Juri. She rents out the house sometimes and sleeps in a little trailer . Next week she is going on vacation to Norway with her mother.  She let me sleep in her bedroom because it was cooler. I could have slept on a mattress she has on the back porch with a mosquito net but when she told me about the mouse problem she has I declined. She woke up early the next morning just to help me arrange a place at a campground. She usually goes to bed at 2-4 am but sleeps in. Thank you ,Janina, for welcoming me into your home.















No comments:

Post a Comment