Friday, July 12, 2019

Arrival day

July 11th. Arrived in the Netherlands about half an hour late. Two angels to help- one to lift the heavy suitcase off the moving belt and another to help with the bicycle box all the way from the conveyor belt ,through the custom's gate and out of the secure area. There Dick greeted me with a big Dutch hug and together we pushed the cart to his Mercedes SUV. A very short drive brought us to Hoofddorp where Carla greeted me. I was also introduced to Abou,  a young man from Senegal, who is their guest here. We had tea and caught up with all the news, especially everything about Daniel, their son, and his wedding to Mariska. Carla showed me the attic room that will be mine every time I return here during this trip. It has lots of room 2 dressers, 2 desks , 2 chairs and a twin bed. Later she had to go to work , and Dick and Abou went to the gym and I unloaded Silver and started reassembling all the parts that had been taken off to pack her. Dick made a nice rice and  chicken and sauce supper . I continued on the bicycle and after evening tea and snack, I went to bed.





No comments:

Post a Comment