Monday, July 29, 2019

July 27th, Day 18, 66km. Arrival in Denmark

66 km and hills today going from  Flensburg into Denmark and the Halverslev area. I woke up, packed and went  down 5 floors to check my bicycle. What did I find-the back tire was flat again. Since it was early, I decided that I had better change it. I had to take off all the bags. Then I tried to get the gears in the lowest position. Then I turned her upside down. I took off the tire and felt for glass. I didn't feel anything. I decided the slow leak was at the spot where there was a little hole in the tire from a stone many days ago that I had taped from the outside. So I reinforced it with some card board on the inside, put in a new tube and filled it with air, stood her up, repacked all the bags ,and was off. For a while I was on a back road and there must have been an accident on the autobahn because lots of traffic was moving along with me. Finally there was a bicycle path on the side off the road and I felt so good passing all the stuck traffic. It wasn't long before I was in Denmark. All the cars had to  stop to be checked but not me. The first while was along the road but separate from cars and later a dotted line for my area. It was mostly farmland and the houses were more stucco than brick. The churches were all white. They like to use stone for signs and decorations. I stopped and bought a drink and ice cream and was shocked at the price because their money is 7 times more than ours. I saw a windmill just before coming to my destination.













No comments:

Post a Comment