Tuesday, July 30, 2019

A Warmshowers stay wuth Michael, Daisy and Brady




Michael lives in the countryside in the Haverslev area. Again Komoot did not disappoint and brought me right to his house. He has been rebuilding his house which is from the 1700s. Today he was working on his boat engine with his friend who is recovering from brain surgery. He took the time to stop and offer me a cold pop and get acquainted. Michael is a teacher but has quit his job over disagreements with the new female head mistress. He has taught all subjects including religion where they just give the students a broad scope of all the beliefs. He has two beautiful brown Labradors called Daisy and Brady who are brother and sister. I had the choice of sleeping on the couch or tenting in the back yard. Since Michael is a smoker, and I was already sneezing a little I chose to set up my tent in the backyard after which I had a shower and then Michael didn't want to cook so he offered to take me out to a local restaurant where I had a nice chicken and noodle meal. I went to bed early and slept well.  In the morning I woke early and went inside where the dogs behaved when I gave them some treats and didn't bark. I did some work on my phone. When Michael woke up, he made me eggs and bacon for breakfast. He loves the dogs and they got some bacon also. Then I was off to my destination in Denmark in Fredericia at the home of Susan, an address given to me by my daughter.


No comments:

Post a Comment