Tuesday, July 8, 2014

138. Europe Bicycle Trip---Switzerland

Today is Day 50, Thursday June 5th, 2014. I will be leaving Konstanz and starting my bicycle trip along the Rhine back to Neuss, Germany. The route today takes me into Switzerland so that is exciting for me because it is another country I can add to the Europe part of the trip.
Leaving Konstanz and entering Schweiz
I saw the customs booth ahead and got a little worried. They stopped me and asked for my passport and I explained to them that I always carry it deep in the bottom of the  back pannier. I was happy when they let me go without showing it to them.
The first fields that I passed were all vegetable fields.
Lettuce
The houses and businesses looked very Swiss!
A cute teeter totter
Undersee
A welcome to the area
The first vineyards appeared in Berlingen.
It was a gorgeous day and the bicycle signs  were very good so far.
A typical Swiss village
A boar
The villages are quiet in the morning.
Still part of the Undersee
Steckborn was a bigger city.
This street is quite wide.
The bicycle path was paved here and went gradually up and down and the views were spectacular.
The orchards had nets covering all the trees.
An eagle guards the corner.
Lots of windows
Lots of people were out cycling. I also saw a few tourers but in Europe they never stop to talk like they do in USA and Canada. That is probably because there are so many of them and also so many different languages.

No comments:

Post a Comment