Sunday, July 13, 2014

146. Eiurope Bicycle Trip--Waterfowl on the Path and Fast Water


Today is Friday, June 7th. It is Day 52 of my trip. My arm and toe are still sore from my fall here by the steps when I asked Millie to take my photo yesterday.. I said goodbye to Millie and Thomas this morning and told Millie that I would pray for her as she fights the battle of breast cancer. She has been through a lot with that. Then I returned to the steps and took a photo of where I fell.
I also took a selfie of myself standing in Germany with the Rhine River and Switzerland in the background.
Right away on the bicycle path there was a section with water on both sides of the trail and there were geese in my way first.
Then there were swans.
I didn't get too close to this pair.
Rhinefelden
A house and barn attached with lots of garden space outside
The Rhine is strating to get some fast water and rocky places.
Grenzach-Whylen in the distance
Selfie
It was very HOT today and I decided to take a little break. There is an energy plant farther past this spot
This man was finishing his trip today and taking the train back home. He was nice enough to take my picture.
The type of fish found in the Rhine River at this place
Nearing Basel
This couple from England were going in the opposite direction along the Rhine route and we helped each other with directions at a difficult section in the city. They do a big section every year. Her part of the bicycle is recumbent and his is upright. That might be a good setup for Dave and I in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment