Wednesday, July 9, 2014

143. Europe Bicycle Trip--Hopping Between Switzerland and Germany

As I cycled on today along the Rhine, I would be going from Switzerland into Germany and back again several times as the Rhine flows along near the border of both countries.
A very good SCHOOL marking on the road
I found myself on the wrong side of the river after viewing Rhine Falls. I stopped and talked to this lady and she tried to tell me how to get back to the other side by a little walking bridge.
I got totally lost trying to find it and did ask this postal person for some directions. (photo will not turn)
Finally I found a path going dow.n to the river
The bridge over to the German side
A canoe passing by on one side of the bridge
View from the other side of the bridge
As you can see from the houses on the other bank, I had a STEEP climb after crossing the bridge.
Now I was back i9n Germany.
I had a big drink and a rest at the closed customs building which is no longer used.
As I cycled on, in the distance past the hills, I could just barely see the form of the mountains of Switzerland .
A very nice bicycle path
A little chapel by the woods
Lottstetten-a small town
I started my trip during tulip time. Now it is June and the roses are beautiful everywhere.
A barrel mailbox
Vineyards
Mary Ann in the vineyard
Another chapel
A sunflower field
Auf Wiederschen--leaving Radzerfeld
School children on an outing

No comments:

Post a Comment