Saturday, July 26, 2014

161. Europe Bicycle Trip--A Mile Walk Down Hauptstrasse

I walked down a winding cobblestone path from the castle back to the main street of Old Town Heidelberg.
The Hauptstrasse leads from the Old Town back to Bismarckplatz. It is one mile in length and is reputedly the longest pedestrian shopping street in Germany.
There are many people asking for donations along this street.
This man is an pantomime actor.
There are many Turks and Gypsies in this area.
I didn't have to donate to this armored fellow.
Earning money by sketching
They are all appreciative of any donations.
The German Police
It had been a good day. I had walked Philosopher's Way, crossed the Neckar on the Old Bridge, toured the whole Old Town, climbed up to the Castle, toured the Castle and walked back down to the Hauptstrasse and back to the bus and trams.  It was about 3:30 and i was tired. I went back to Edingen and Dorle was back home from visiting her brother.
We had a delicious supper and I skyped with Sarah and Dave. I tried to work on some blogs but my mouse was not working good.

No comments:

Post a Comment