Sunday, July 20, 2014

153. Europe Bicycle Trip--Silke and Baby Robin and Oldsters Franz and Ruth

Today is Day 55, June 10th. I was up early because the neighbour caravan lady coughed half the night. I even used my ear plugs for the first time but I could hear right through them. It even sounded like she did a load of laundry in the night. I decided that I might as well get moving. Every morning before I start off I read a Psalm and one Bible verse this morning in Psalm 116 spoke to me. 1. I love the Lord because He hath heard my voice and my supplication. 2. Because He hath inclined His ear unto me, therefore will I call upon Him as long as I live" I'm glad that He does not need to use ear plugs!  The sky looked very dark this morning and another camper told me that it would be stormy today. But it wasn't raining yet and I was out of food and also needed a bicycle store so I left.
As I left the campground, it started to sprinkle and I donned my rain gear but even though I passed areas later that had had rain, I stayed dry for the day.
I used the roads this morning and passed through Plittersdorf, Steinmauern, and Elchesheim-Illingen.
After I came to Au am Rhein, I looked for the Rhineradweg bicycle trail again.
The church in Au am  Rhein
I met Silke and her baby , Robin outside of Neubergweier. Silke said that on this side of the river on the bicycle path, I would run into a steep series of stairs that led to a bridge over some water and then more stairs to go down. She said that the other side of the river here was more scenic and there was a ferry I could catch. I decided to follow her advice because there is no way that I can carry Silver up and down steep stairs.
The ferry cost 2.60 Euros and I caught it right away.
The ferry- MF "Baden-Platz"
Going from Germany to Germany over the Rhine. We were just past the France German border as we disembarked.
I cycled on to Neuberg Am Rhein and did groceries. At first I was in a big store like Costco but a young man in a wheel chair finally led me to the smaller local grocery store.
Local industry
A German barge
As I cycled, I noticed Franz(72) and Ruth (68) in front of me going the same way so for a long time I cycled behind them so that I didn't have to concentrate so hard on signs. Normally when I am alone, I come to a dead stop and examine the signs and directions very carefully. Finally they made a right turn and I had to go left to find a bicycle store so we said goodbye.
After having passed Maximiliansau, Wirth Am Rhein, Lemersheim and Kuhardt I came to Hordt and this sign for asparagus sales.
The first Toyota dealer that I see in Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment