Tuesday, July 8, 2014

140. Europe Bicycle Trip--First Flat Tire and Angel Ulf


My lunch stop across from Diesenhofen
The view from my picnic bench to the other side of the Rhine
A covered bridge

Many dwellings squeezed together along the river front
The flowers along the path
I had a nice talk with Lawrence and just after he left, I noticed a funny feeling and thought something was the matter with the front of the bicycle but when I looked back under my seat, I saw that the back tire was flat.
Now noone was around so I took out the equipment that I needed and took off the GPS holder and turned Silver upside down.
As I was taking off the tire, the Lord sent me an angel . Ulf took the time to help me. He checked where the damage was and said a sharp stone from the path had caused the flat. He is an expert and I was soon on my way again after thanking him.
I passed lots of vineyards. They look so neat and stretch way up the hills.
My map indicated a campground and when I saw these tents, I went in to check but this was a private campground for a canoe club. The tents are all set up for members to use.
I met Molly and she suggested that I go over the river and camp at Schaffhausen.

I found a very nice campground. The woman wanted Swiss francs and luckily I could use my Mastercard to pay as I only had Euros.
I spread out my equipment and ALAS I could not find my tent pegs. That was BAD. I scolded myself for not checking my campsite at Konstanz better although my brain told me that I had done so. Thank goodness I do have 6 of them attached to the tent permanently. Then I fashioned 5 other stakes with my knife from the branches that were laying in front of my site. now I would have to look tomorrow for a sports store to buy more stakes.
I was the only tent amidst many caravans.
In the evening, I took a selfie by the Rhine and worked on some blogs by the camp office.
The supper that I cooked-a package of noodles and a can of tuna with vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment