Sunday, July 6, 2014

136. Europe Bicycle Trip---Camping By Garbage Bins and Bruises

After being lost for a while, I finally came to the campground that Maren and I had called from Neuss. They charged more than the prices indicated on the internet but they were not closed yet for the day which I had been worried about. the caravans were all parked in an area by the Bodensee, but I was directed to a small area on the other side of the reception area where there were a few tents. I decided to put up my tent on the opposite side of the ones already set up but upon closer inspection, I saw that that side had the camp garbage bins behind a wooden fence. I wasn't happy about that and had to squeeze my tent between the others. I set up and cooked a supper of rice and tuna with vegetables and just as I finished it started to rain and continued to do so during the night.
There are 2 campgrounds here at Bodensee (Lake Constance)
In between the tents-no tables. Silver had to be tied to the tree in the background.
Caravans on the Lake side of the campground
Evening by the Bodensee
I was happy to arrive in time to eat and stay dry.
Map of the Bodensee and surrounding hills. From here you can go up in the mountains to a small lake which is the source of the Rhine River.
My arm injury from 3 days ago is really turning into a lovely bruise.

No comments:

Post a Comment