Monday, July 7, 2014

137. Europe Bicycle Trip--Konstanz and Bodenzee

Today is Day 49 of my trip. It5 is Wednesday, June 4th. My first objective today is to see if I can purchase a chip for my Garmin that has the map of Germany on it so I can use it along with my Rhineradweg map books.  I intend to stay in Konstanz for the day so I will also tour a little.
I met Zigrid who was out with her two children and she let me follow her all the way to the train area so I wouldn't get lost. I was looking for and information booth.
We passed this nice place.
Wine sales and purchases
The first view of the city after crossing the bridge
It is early in the morning and not busy yet.
I found a bicycle shop but they could  not help me. Frederick was there and offered to lead me to another bicycle store that he thought might also have Garmin chips. We went in and out through narrow streets deep into the city.
An old church
Art on the walls
The streets with a church at the end always make for nice photos.
What strength!! or so it seems ! These men were earning money.
After trying all the bicycle and sports stores with no luck, I made my winding way back to the waterfront. These people were going for a day cruise.
I saw a smaller boat that does short tours and the captain  said I could take Silver on the boat so she wouldn't get stolen. There is an interesting rotating statue at the entrance of the harbour.

High rises
This boat ride called for a selfie.
The boat carried the Swiss flag.......
as well as the German flag.
The views to shore were spectacular.
Silver and I enjoyed the boat tour. The only drawback was that the commentary was in German.
That building marks the Swiss border. |I was determined to cycle there after we got back to shore.
In Switzerland
This customs booth was closed.
Back into Germany
No border check today
An interesting bus stop
My day in Konstanz and on the Bodenzee was very nice. There are very picturesque buildings. The streets were very crowded as the day went on and it is a busy tourist area. I found a grocery store and headed back to the campground. I made it there just before the rain started so I ate a sandwich in the tent and did some photo work on the computer before falling asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment