Thursday, June 5, 2014

103. Europe Bicycle Trip--Goodbyes,Rocks and Horses

Today is Day 37,
Friday May23rd. I am heading away from Ter Apel towards Dademsvaart.
Goodbye Tessel
Goodbye Willem
Goodbye Zager
Goodbye Maaten and Mariette
Thank you for having me come to visit your family and your home.
After returning briefly to get my helmet I ventured on and passed two bicycle stores in another town. They are on opposite sides of the road from one another.
An interesting statue
I should get Emily to paint ours.
Windmill
These rocks are called hunebedden.They say they are rocks from the ice age and mark where people were buried.
No question as to which way to go
Woven reeds
These sheep came running over thinking that I had food for them.
A camping place
Coach and student
Fancy jumps
This area has lots of horses!
Cow garbage?
These men from Latvia were planting asparagus.
I had my snack by a Jewish graveyard.
One gravestone with little stones on top (instead of flowers)
I am now in the province of Overijssel.
Another baby girl

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mary Ann! The rocks from the past are called: hunebedden. The were built with the stones that were left here in the ice age. Thats where they buried the dead people.

    ReplyDelete