Friday, June 20, 2014

116. Europe Bicycle Trip--Annelies-A Brief But Enjoyable Visit

We knew that Annelies, Theo and Astrid's sister was working today and would come over as fast as possible after work on her bicycle to visit for a short while because Tante Betty wanted to drive back to Beltrum before it got dark. Annelies is on my Facebook and often puts nice comments for my photos and those of my children. She is a taxi driver in the morning and works at the library in the afternoon and evening. She has two sons Eric, 30 and Rana (with an accent over the last a), who is 27. We had a cup of tea together and a short chat before it was time to say goodbye. I will keep in touch with her through Facebook and will leave room in this blog if she wants to send me some photos of her family to add to it.
Cousin Annelies and I
I hope to talk with her by phone again before I leave the Netherlands. Our time together was too short.But it was an enjoyable day in Apeldoorn with Tante Leny's children. Our mothers would be happy to know that we visited with each other. I was told that Tante Leny's ashes were spread by a big, old tree in Beeckestijn where she grew up. We left and drove the hour back to Beltrum and arrived after dark because it was a rainy day and darkness came earlier than usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment