Wednesday, June 11, 2014

107. Europe Bicycle Trip--A Fancy Bench

After my visit with the Swaan's I left at about 11:30 and started south east along the bicycle paths to Bathmen. I noticed this gigantic bag. It is a company and I have seen several filled with stones and sand.
An interesting setup to get water out of the well.
This was the fanciest rest bench that I have seen so far.
The table was filled with wood cut outs with different Dutch sayings. This one is about being still is hard to come by but will take the worry from everything.  (My Dutch relatives can send me the exact translations, please.) Margot says: Silence is a language that lies beyond words and through which you can get the essence of things.
Believe in love
The best gift you can give someone is upright thoughts. Margot says: The best gift you can give someone is upright attention.
Friendship begins with ? and that is the beginning of love---Mother Teresa Margot translates this: Peace begins with a smile and a smile is the beginning of love.
A nice country home
A nice country path
My lunch at 2 pm.
These people on bicycles were having a scheduled lunch break.
A milk tanker
A biologic milk producer
The gateway to a little country home
A cobblestone path through a bush
I didn't see any
Going through a National Park with a variety of path types
A baby boy named Dylan


1 comment:

  1. Hi Mary Ann, I will try to translate the Dutch sayings:
    Silence is a language that lies beyond words and with which you can get in the essence of things.
    Believe in love (you got that right)
    The best gift you can give someone is upright attention.
    Peace begins with a smile and a smile is the beginning of love.

    ReplyDelete