Sunday, June 22, 2014

122. Europe Bicycle Trip--In and Out of Germany

As I continued to bicycle today towards Leuth from Westerdorp, I kept going from the Netherlands into Germany for short sections of the bicycle trail system.
First German church
A Schnitzelhaus definitely tells me I am in Germany-there are not always signs to show when you cross the border.
German fire department building and sign
German firefighter
Hearty welcome to the village of Elten
Goodbye
The ferry to cross the Rijn River to Millingen aan de Rijn
These students were all waiting for the ferry.
Down they all go to get on the ferry first.
Be careful-the ramp is coming down.
A big barge coming by as we go across.
Silver and I on another ferry ride.
I asked this lady to take my photo with Silver and we started a conversation. Her name is Aukje de Vries who lives in Drachten. I told her that I had stayed in Drachten  earlier during my trip with Marijke Ketting. Well it turns out that Aukje is a neighbour of Marijke and knows her well and lives by the bridge that I could see from Marijke's back yard. What a coincidence. I asked her to say hello to Marijke when she returns home.
I had reached Millingen aan de Rijn and had to bicycle a little farther to get to Leuth and my Friend of the Bicycle place for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment