Sunday, June 15, 2014

111. Europe Bicycle Trip--Back to Ome Jan and Tante Betty

After lunch, I continued following the knooppunten to the area of Beltrum to the campground where Ome Jan and Tante Betty were set up.
There are many little towns to pass through.
Every town has at least one church.
A small dam
When bicyclers approach  me on a narrow trail, I usually move off to the side because my bicycle is so wide.
A new waterway where many people were cooling off in the water and also walking around.
I wasn't sure if this was the campground or not but it was the correct address. I couldn't see any campers.
Then I saw the sign--Mini Camping Falkenborg It is about 3 km. from Beltrum.
The owners of the campground were nice enough to let me stay for free in my miniature tent. Thank you so much!
I found Ome Jan and Tante Betty's caravan. First we had a cup of tea . Then we dragged a picnic table over to the side of the caravan. I leaned Silver on the table and set up the tent off to the side. It would be my first night camping since arriving in the Netherlands.
A cozy setup
We had a nice supper together at the picnic table.
Yummy supper made by Tante Betty
In the evening air balloons were going by.
Tante Betty and I played Rumikub.
I settled into my tent just like this swan is settled in her nest and I had a warm, cozy night of sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment