Friday, June 27, 2014

125. Europe Bicycle Trip--My First Accident and Hand in Hand Gambia

After leaving Groesbeek and the National Bevrijdings Museum, I cycled towards Velden.
That is true for me right now. My BIKE is my LIFE.
I had to walk this long section of sandy back road.
I got lost for a while and then found myself on this rough section of trail and it was more like mountain biking-poor Silver!
I had to take ferries twice across the Maas River.
This couple, Hank and Ria had also stopped to check the bicycle sign here. When we came to the table, I couldn't unlock my foot from the pedal fast enough and Silver and I both fell into the table. My arm took the brunt of the fall and I couldn't get up so Hank helped me. Then we had lunch together and chatted before I left. I was totally embarrassed by the fall and told myself that I must be more careful in the future. My arm hurt a lot but I didn't think that I had broken any bones.
Bicycling along the Maas
Silver and I like ferry rides.
I take a selfie every time.
Lots of people were waiting to take the second ferry that I came to that afternoon.
Getting ready to disembark
A waterwheel
The place with the waterwheel has been made into a restaurant.
The greenhouses are empty now.
Lovely flowers
They make a nice background for a selfie.
I arrived in Velden, a small town, at the address of Hank and Ria, at about 6pm which is late for me.
Side garden
Back area
Hank has some goats and chickens.
Hank showed me my room and also gave me a map of Germany to use for the evening so I could try to make a plan to go to Neuss, Germany tomorrow. Ria was not feeling well as she has a bad back and was in bed most of the time while I was visiting.
The dining area
The internet worked best in Hank's study so I worked there most of the evening.
The living room
My bedroom
I thought that this was a nice idea to do with some special baby clothes.
These are photos showing Hank and Ria in Gambia, serving with an organization called Hand in Hand Gambia, which was started by an acquaintance of theirs.
My arm was starting to bruise already.

1 comment:

  1. You are good at selfies. Hope you didn't break any bones!!

    ReplyDelete