Wednesday, June 25, 2014

123. Europe Bicycle Trip--Toos Zuurhout in Leuth and Rumikub

After crossing the Rijn at Millingen aan de Rijn, I had a short bicycle ride to the village of Leuth, where I had arranged to stay with a Frienden op de Fietsen address.
I cycled about 80 km to get here from Westerdorp. That is about 5 and a half hours of peddling.
The number on the house didn't match my information but the neighbour across the street assured me that this was the place.
The backyard
I met Toos Zuurhout who made me a nice cup of tea first in her big kitchen.
The dining area
The living room
An interesting sign in her house--For mother there are more flowers in my heart than in all gardens!
My bedroom
It had a different ceiling structure.
After settling in, I went for a walk to try to find a place with internet but with no luck as they were closed for the holiday. I saw this unique stone wall to add to my photo folder of different kinds of walls and fences. I returned and made some phone calls to arange my next place but everyplace in Venlo was full or not available and so I tried the small village of Velden and was able to arrange a place for tomorrow night.
In the evening, Toos and I played several games of Rumikub.
I'm getting pretty good at this as I also have already played with Tante Betty and also my cousin To.

1 comment:

  1. Her house is beautiful. You are sleeping in luxury almost every night!!!!

    ReplyDelete