Tuesday, September 2, 2014

194. Europe Bicycle Trip--World Cup Soccer Fever---Germany-2--Ghana--2

After a busy time of touring Dusseldorf, we headed back to Rainer and Maren's house and we all had a nap because we would be up late tonight to watch Germany play in World Cup Soccer against Ghana.
Nap and computer time
Sound asleep!
After my nap, I hung out my load of laundry.
I also gave Silver a real good cleaning.
I am ready to cheer for Germany!!
A sweet German couple all decked out to celebrate.
Rainer and I
We rode out bicycles to Bergit and Stefan's house which has a beautiful back yard.
Fish pond
They emptied out their garage and had a huge screen set up. There were goodies to eat and about 10 people watching and cheering.
Germany scored first, then Ghana. It was 1-1. Then Ghana scored again and finally Germany tied the game at 2-2. Everyone was happy but not elated as they wanted a win.
I jumped in front of the screen as Germany scored. It was a good game and it had been a good day. We cycled home at about 11:30--the first time that I ever cycle in the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment